****CASTING CALL: 6 ROLES, FEATURE FILM
CASTING POST PROJECT: Feature Film “Cold Pressed” Union: SAG – Ultra Low Budget Pay Rate: $100.00 per day (Plus 10% applicable)
Synopsis of project: Feature Film, Drama-Action. George Lamb, an imitation olive oil importer, forms an alliance with a mysterious man that sets up a chain of events that threatens to destroy him.
- George – Lead
- Male / Lead / Caucasian / 45 – 50
George Lamb, an unscrupulous olive oil importer, wants nothing more than to get his product into stores across the country. When he uses the opening of his restaurant to further his ambition he alienates his wife and everyone closest to him, and unintentionally plays right into the hands of Rook, the right-‐hand-‐man of an Underworld Boss, the owner of the largest olive grove in Livermore.
- Susanna – Lead
- Female / Supporting / East Indian (Darker skin preferred) / 35 – 40
- Born and raised in San Jose, Susanna, the eldest child of Indian immigrant parents, defies her traditional family’s expectations when she decides to pursue a degree in illustration. After meeting George, she follows her love in hopes of pursuing her passions. Partial nudity. In a love scene.
- Pal – Supporting
- Male or Female / Supporting / Caucasian, Ethnically Ambiguous / 35 – 40
- The Napa Underworld Boss who has man illegal dealings but the Olive Oil trade is his moral compass.
- Rook – Supporting
- Male / Supporting / African American, Caucasian, Ethnically Ambiguous / 35 – 40
- Rook works in the food industry. A mysterious man. He is European may be Caucasian or of African decent.
- Jonathan – Supporting
- Male / Supporting / All Ethnicities / 35 – 40
- After losing his job as a financial consultant, Jonathan meets Susanna while moonlighting as an Uber driver. Their love of art sparks their growing passion for each other. His gift of gab opens doors, even some that should remain closed.
- Partial nudity. In a love scene.
- Miguel – Supporting
- Male / Supporting / Latino / 35 – 45
- Raised in the rough streets and changed in prison, Miguel’s last-ditch effort to clean up his life lands him in culinary school. He is hard pressed to find a job due to his past but George takes a chance on him.
Audition Dates: September 15,16 and September 22, 23, 2014
Callbacks: September 29, 30, 2014
Shooting period: November 1, 2014 – November 26, 2014
Shooting locations: San Francisco and Livermore
Awareness Raising through this film: The “extra-virgin” label is no longer a guarantee of quality, because so much of it has been processed in ways that greatly reduce its nutritional value - nowhere does it say that “extra virgin” olive oil must be made 100 percent from olives. The soaring demand for olive oil has outstripped the available supply. Thus manufacturers often adulterate the olive oil with other oils or use substandard waste olives to meet the demand; resulting in more olive oil being sold than there is being produced. Making this what may be the biggest food fraud of the 20th century; now being carried over to the 21st century.
If interested and available for audition and shoot dates, please email headshot and resume to:
Casting Director - Tina D’Elia Consulting